PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY
Owner and Data Controller
Calculus Business Solutions, Inc.
1521 Concord Pike (US 202)
Wilmington, DE 19803
Owner contact email:
Types of Data collected
Among the types of Personal Data that this Application collects, by itself or through third parties, there are: first name, last name, phone number, company name, email address and Usage Data.
Users are responsible for any third-party Personal Data obtained, published or shared through this Application and confirm that they have the third party’s consent to provide the Data to the Owner.
Mode and place of processing the Data
Methods of processing
The Owner takes appropriate security measures to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, or unauthorized destruction of the Data. The Data processing is carried out using computers and/or IT enabled tools, following organizational procedures and modes strictly related to the purposes indicated. In addition to the Owner, in some cases, the Data may be accessible to certain types of persons in charge, involved with the operation of this Application (administration, sales, marketing, legal, system administration) or external parties (such as third-party technical service providers, mail carriers, hosting providers, IT companies, communications agencies) appointed, if necessary, as Data Processors by the Owner. The updated list of these parties may be requested from the Owner at any time.
Legal basis of processing
The Owner may process Personal Data relating to Users if one of the following applies:
- Users have given their consent for one or more specific purposes. Note: Under some legislations the Owner may be allowed to process Personal Data until the User objects to such processing (“opt-out”), without having to rely on consent or any other of the following legal bases. This, however, does not apply, whenever the processing of Personal Data is subject to European data protection law;
- provision of Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with the User and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof;
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which the Owner is subject;
- processing is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in the Owner;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner or by a third party.
In any case, the Owner will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular, whether the provision of Personal Data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
The Data is processed at the Owner’s operating offices and in any other places where the parties involved in the processing are located. Depending on the User’s location, data transfers may involve transferring the User’s Data to a country other than their own. To find out more about the place of processing of such transferred Data, Users can check the section containing details about the processing of Personal Data. Users are also entitled to learn about the legal basis of Data transfers to a country outside the European Union or to any international organization governed by public international law or set up by two or more countries, such as the UN, and about the security measures taken by the Owner to safeguard their Data. If any such transfer takes place, Users can find out more by checking the relevant sections of this document or inquire with the Owner using the information provided in the contact section.
Personal Data shall be processed and stored for as long as required by the purpose they have been collected for. Therefore:
- Personal Data collected for purposes related to the performance of a contract between the Owner and the User shall be retained until such contract has been fully performed.
- Personal Data collected for the purposes of the Owner’s legitimate interests shall be retained as long as needed to fulfill such purposes. Users may find specific information regarding the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner within the relevant sections of this document or by contacting the Owner.
The Owner may be allowed to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever the User has given consent to such processing, as long as such consent is not withdrawn. Furthermore, the Owner may be obliged to retain Personal Data for a longer period whenever required to do so for the performance of a legal obligation or upon order of an authority.
Once the retention period expires, Personal Data shall be deleted. Therefore, the right to access, the right to erasure, the right to rectification and the right to data portability cannot be enforced after expiration of the retention period.
The purposes of processing
The Data concerning the User is collected to allow the Owner to provide its Services, as well as for the following purposes: Contacting the User and Managing contacts and sending messages.
Users can find further detailed information about such purposes of processing and about the specific Personal Data used for each purpose in the respective sections of this document.
Detailed information on the processing of Personal Data
Personal Data is collected for the following purposes and using the following services:
Contacting the User
Managing contacts and sending messages
Storage and Security of Personal Data
Owner will safeguard and guarantee the security and confidentiality of the Data Subject’s information and documentation, as well as those acts, operations and services reported, without prejudice to comply with the duties of confidentiality and security provided in the Law and its regulations.
The rights of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a complaint. Users have the right to bring a claim before their competent data protection authority.
Details about the right to object to processing
Where Personal Data is processed for a public interest, in the exercise of an official authority vested in the Owner or for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by the Owner, Users may object to such processing by providing grounds related to their particular situation to justify the objection. Users must know that, however, should their Personal Data be processed for direct marketing purposes, they can object to that processing at any time without providing any justification. To learn, whether the Owner is processing Personal Data for direct marketing purposes, Users may refer to the relevant sections of this document.
How to exercise these rights
Any requests to exercise User rights can be directed to the Owner at email@example.com. These requests can be exercised free of charge and will be addressed by the Owner as early as possible and always within one month.
Complaints and Notifications
In addition to the mechanisms described for the exercise of ARCO rights, we inform you that any questions, comments, notifications and/or complaints regarding the handling of your personal data by Owner may be addressed to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
In case you consider that the right to the protection of your personal data has been violated and, therefore, presume that there is any violation of the provisions of the Law, you may file a complaint with the National Institute of Transparency, Access to Information and Protection of Personal Data (INAI). For further information, please visit its website (https://home.inai.org.mx/).
- A. What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website or App. In this section, we define “cookies” as a general term for techniques such as cookies, Flash cookies and web beacons. They do not take up much space and will be automatically deleted when they expire. Some of the cookies expire at the end of your Internet session, while others will be stored for a limited period of time.
- B. What are the different types of cookies we use? There are different types of cookies with different uses. Some are just to enable you to browse and view certain features. Others will give us an idea about your browsing experience, such as whether you are having trouble finding what you are looking for, so that we can improve and make your next visit as enjoyable as possible. Cookies enable third-party features or functionality provided on or through the website (e.g., advertising, interactive content and analytics). The parties that set these third party cookies may recognize your computer or mobile device, both when you visit the website in question and when you visit certain other websites. We use our cookies and third-party cookies for several reasons. The most important cookies are mandatory cookies. They are essential and help you navigate the website and use basic functions, such as multimedia plug-ins. Then there are the functionality cookies for example to save your purchase data to speed up the checkout process. Performance and analytics cookies we use to improve our website. We also like to show you relevant offers. In order to do this, we collect browsing data, which may be linked to a unique identifier to allow us to understand how you interact with the various Owner platforms. Interaction cookies are used to interact with social networks or to post comments. Targeting cookies, advertising cookies and social media cookies record your preferences in order to display relevant advertisements outside of Owner sites. In addition, social media cookies may be used to track your activity on social media platforms.
Mandatory Cookies: These are essential and will help you navigate, move around the website, App and/or Platforms and view certain features (for example, these cookies ensure that your basket is saved during all steps of your checkout process). These cookies are mandatory to enable the basic functioning of our platforms. These cookies are saved for the duration of your browsing session.
Functionality and analytics cookies: These are present so that we can provide you with an even better customer experience. These cookies allow us to analyze the use of our platforms so that we can measure and improve performance. These cookies may be placed by us or by a third party on our behalf and are stored for the duration of your browsing session.
Advertising and social media cookies: These will remember your product and shopping preferences and otherwise assist us in marketing initiatives. These cookies allow us to share data, such as what you like, with our advertisers, so that the advertising you see may be more relevant to your preferences (sometimes known as “targeting cookies”). They help us learn about visitors’ shopping habits. This allows us to keep improving our platforms, to make shopping easier and more enjoyable, and to improve the marketing messages we send to our customers (sometimes known as “performance cookies”). They are used to allow you to express your opinion. These cookies will allow you to give us a “Like” or recommend us on social networks and to chat with our service agents. But you can also advise our other (potential) customers by rating and reviewing our products (sometimes known as “interaction cookies”).
- D. What if I do not want to accept cookies? You can change your browser settings to delete or prevent the storage of certain cookies on your computer or mobile device without your express consent. The “help” section of your browser should provide information on how to manage your cookie settings. Find out how to do this in your browser here:
Mozilla Firefox: http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies
Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en
Adobe (cookies flash): http://www.adobe.com/privacy/policies/flash-player.html
You will need to visit these websites from each browser and device on which you wish to opt-out. Because of the opt-out tools you may have to visit these sites again to reset your preferences if cookies are deleted.
Additional information about Data collection and processing
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
System logs and maintenance
For operation and maintenance purposes, this Application and any third-party services may collect files that record interaction with this Application (System logs) use other Personal Data (such as the IP Address) for this purpose.
Information not contained in this notice
More details concerning the collection or processing of Personal Data may be requested from the Owner at any time. Please see the contact information at the beginning of this document.
How “Do Not Track” requests are handled
This Application does not support “Do Not Track” requests. To determine whether any of the third-party services it uses honor the “Do Not Track” requests, please read their privacy policies.
Changes to this privacy notice
The Owner reserves the right to make changes to this privacy notice at any time by giving notice to its Users on this page and possibly within this Application and/or – as far as technically and legally feasible – sending a notice to Users via any contact information available to the Owner. It is strongly recommended to check this page often, referring to the date of the last modification listed at the bottom. Should the changes affect processing activities performed on the basis of the User’s consent, the Owner shall collect new consent from the User, where required.
Latest update: April 21st 2022